COVID-19 SAFETY GUIDELINES
Due to the COVID-19, a lot has changed. We’d like to give you an idea of what to expect. Dr. Martin wants to assure you that we are taking this very seriously.
At our office, infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are designed to keep our patients and staff safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the American Dental Association (ADA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
Due to COVID-19, you will definitely see some changes when it is time for your appointment. We made these changes for both your and our protection. Here are some examples:
1. Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you call our office from the parking lot. (925) 283-8101
2. We will ask that when you arrive you stay in your car and call the office. To follow social distancing guidelines, we want to minimize the amount of people in the office at any time.
3. When we are ready for you, we will call you and let you know.
4. If you have a mask, please wear it to the office. If you do not, we will provide one at the door.
5. You’ll notice that all employees are wearing proper PPE. Gowns, masks, face shields, and hair covers at all times. This certainly makes for an awkward social interaction! We promise we are smiling under those masks!
6. You will not spend any time in the waiting room, we will direct you straight to the sink.
7. At the sink, you will wash your hands thoroughly for 20 seconds, and rinse with an antiseptic for 1 minute.
8. We will direct you to the treatment room at this time. Each operatory is equipped with HEPA 13 air filtration that recycles the air every 5 minutes.
We are working on ways to make future appointments, as well as payments, in a remote fashion.
We look forward to seeing you soon, and are happy to answer any questions about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Dr. Martin and Team